Time for the build? Here's a few construction tips
They say that an expert is someone who has made all the mistakes possible in a narrow field of endeavour.
Whilst I'm not claiming to be an expert, I've made my share of mistakes.
Here's a few pages about the things I've discovered, which should help you avoid some of the pitfalls.
The first subwoofer building article covers Glues, Finishes, Grilles and Tool selection. The fourth article will guide you through my method of building a subwoofer box.
The last article looks at using bracing, closed-cell foam and sound deadening materials to sweeten your enclosure.
- Construction tips Glues and Finishes I've tried
- Making a sawboard A simple jig for cutting straight lines with your power saw
- Milling with a router With the right jig, you can use a router as a simple milling machine
- Speaker Building My walk-through for building an enclosure.
- Damping Treatments Cut down on some of those nasty peaks in your response