Get your sub to work well with your room and other equipment
Building a good subwoofer is the first step in getting quality bass in your listening environment. Just as important, is setting your room up correctly, locating the sub in the right position, and integrating it with your existing equipment.
- Home Theater tips - optimise your room with bass traps, diffusers and Bias lighting
- Minimising hum caused by earth loops. - learn how to bury these little mongrels, and check out some links to other sites on the issue.
- The ART Cleanbox - connect consumer-level unbalanced sources to pro-level balanced inputs. Simple modification for flat response to below 10hz.
- Sound Level Meter - use to measure your sub. Also some info on THX specifications.
- Correction tables for Radio Shack Sound Meter
- Room-EQ Wizard study - example of using REW to optimise subwoofer location
- Hot and Cold - A listing of the relative volume levels for 50 common DVDs.