Site update history
History of significant changes to content and layout
- Boxnotes 3.1 released (bug fix)
- Adsense added to site
- Full site conversion to XHTML standard completed. Number of pages cut from 305 to 150
- Added page on modifying and using the ART Cleanbox for driving subwoofers via pro amps
- Site redesign to add masthead and navigation to all XHTML pages providing more consistent navigation and grouping of content
- Added bulk pricing information for Exodus Audio drivers linked to from the Drivers page
- Updated the Flares for sale page to show 2-piece option is now available for 10 inch ports
- Began process of converting site to valid xhtml and replacing tables with css for layout
- Drivers page updated to indicate that the Jaycar Venom range is no longer available.
- Added icon to all external links. Added CSS color cue to visited links
- Added Flare-it analysis to each of the projects, comparing actual flares used with what would be required to avoid "chuffing"
- Updated sonosub, flare-it and boxnotes software with new contact details
- Started new page for twelve driver Infinite Baffle project
- Added several Infinite Baffle designs to the 15 inch Venom driver page
- Added a study of using Room EQ Wizard to evaluate potential Infinite Baffle locations
- Updated Minimising Hum page to include links to Bill Whitlock's articles on isolating transformers
- Sonosub software updated to v1.02 - added sag calculator
- Added Infinite Baffle designs to 15inch Venom driver page
- Added Behringer Europower amps to Amplifiers page
- Updated Projects page to expand apon factors effecting interpretation of WinISD SPL graphs
- Added details of EBS-Snorky subwoofer project
- Removed gallery of inspiring pictures to make way for more DIY content
- Flare-it software updated to v2.50
- All designs referenced from Drivers page updated with flared ports information
- Added new pictures to the 25mm flares maths page showing scraper size in relation to port mold
- Changed "Acoustic length" to "Effective length" in flared ports pages
- Added link to info at Van del Hul on diy converter cables to Minimising Hum page
- Changed home page picture to highlight flare testing experiments
- Added link for tutorial to WinISD page
- Added link for Aeropanel diffusers to Home Theatre page
- Expanded info on glues - Aquadhere Exterior (Titebond II) and Aquadhere Durabond (Gorilla glue)
- Added Passive Radiators page
- Added external links to spectrographs of Bass heavy DVDs to SPL-levels page
- Added gallery of inspiring pictures found on the net. (Removed again December 2006)
- Order of page presentation changed to facilitate grouping of topics
- Links page expanded
- Sitewide redesign - added CSS for colored links on mouseover and better control of layout
- Moved feedback to it's own page
- Added this history page
- Added external links for acoustic treatments and BFD / Room EQ Wizzard to Home Theatre page
- Completed build of "Slim Jim" sub
- Begun work on "Slim Jim" sub - another commission. Custom design.
- Added section on earth loops and hum in response to request from some forum users
- Adding analysis of Australian drivers
- Adding tutorial for "boxnotes" software
- Completed the "buddies" - updated it's pages and construction gallery
- Began work on a pair of "Buddy Subs" to give extension down to 17hz
- Most of this month was taken up with building the concentric port, which turned out to be a lot of fun, but not a practical invention.
- Looks like I'll be looking for new hardware. Jaycar (Australia) has decided to drop my favorite driver from it's lineup.
They are also dropping their plate amps. Supposedly they are to make way for a new "Audiophile" line.
We'll see, but according to some forums, it is cheaper to import from Parts Express in the States,
even after postage and duty. I managed to grab 4 drivers at 50% off in the clearance mayhem.
- Customer picks up "Snorky" subwoofer. This is the first time I have actually made any money out of this hobby.
Must be one of them "milestones" I keep hearing about
- Started building a concentric port. Expanded the relevant section to include a Gallery, which will get added
to as the work progresses.
- Added section on "Snorky" subwoofer incl. gallery. Shows PVC ports folded to fit inside box
- Added section for solutions to accommodating long vents. Lots of work on concentric port idea.
Equations and downloadable calculator for 3 and 5 layer ports.
- I've also been keeping an eye on some discussions in the forums regarding the B&W "flowport"
- it may be that the dimpled finish on the port flare, reduces turbulence to such an extent that you can reduce port size.
- Posted version 1.3 of 'boxnotes" software which now calculates and prints the dimensions of each panel required to build enclosure. Added after I managed to build my latest speaker 10mm short. The software has a link to this site in the "about" panel and this site has a link to download the software - the two can "leverage" off each other
- I've started another speaker, this time a commission. "Snorky" begins the journey into existence
- Added spectrographs for Open Range. Good bass to 20hz.
- Finished sitemap and added sections on waterfall plots and tuning experiment
- Image optimisation
- Convert layers to tables
- I apply to Google, Yahoo and The Open Directory. I sit back and wait for the traffic to roll in. Not much happens.
- Uploaded the site to the net and told a few friends.
Put a posting on WinISD forum and sent e-mails to a couple similar sites asking them to have a look
with a view to them including a link to me. Added a link counter and found there were about 1 or 2 hits.
As I am not on my own server I can't get any more statistics than this.
You can help to improve this site - use the feature request
page to suggest changes to content or navigation.
Updated 16th October 2010